First Beta of iOS 9.3 is available for download from the Apple Developer Center
Betas, Betas and more betas. Today is the day of beta if you haven’t realized yet, Apple provides developers with new versions of all of its operating systems including iOS, OS X, tvOS and watchOS. Normally test versions of Apple software are discrete and accumulate new features as the builds are presented. However, the new versions that became available today are noteworthy for the quantity of new features that they bring.
iOS 9.3 Beta 1
This new version of iOS brings together a wide range of new features, created not only for the iPhone and iPod Touch, but also focused on the iPad and its many features that were recently included.
- With this release, Apple introduces the ability to use multiple user profiles on the iPad and they may be shared in education environments.
- Apple also released two new applications: Classroom, that allows to access content dedicated to school and Apple School Manager, which enables centralized management of all these devices, profiles and content.
- Another new feature of the new iOS 9.3 is a new night reading mode, that adapt iPad to the light conditions, something very similar to f.lux on a Mac.
- The Notes application is going to have a private area, that can be accessed only with user’s permission. Also News app becomes more configurable and adapted to the user.
- Health app now can get information directly from Apple Watch, allowing it to gather even more data about user.
- Finally, the Apple CarPlay has also been improved and now has direct integration with Apple Music.
tvOS 9.2 Beta
The new operating system from Apple TV has grown significantly and became an attractive platform for programmers. This new version brings some new features that will improve usability and create new ways of interaction with the latest “console” from Apple.
Now, it is available the support for pairing keyboards via Bluetooth, organize applications in folders on the home screen, a new interface in the App Switcher and a native application for Apple’s Podcasts.
There are also improvements for Siri and other enhancements. Apple added support for two new languages to the Siri: US Spanish and Canadian French.
watchOS 2.2 Beta
Apple Watch also received a new version of operating system. This one has less news at the moment, but here is the most important.
Now, users can synchronize two clocks simultaneously, however to be able to use this feature both watches have to be with 2.2 version of watchOS installed. This new feature might not seem to be very logical, however it will be mandatory when Apple decides to release other wearable gadgets, like smart-ring for example.
Regarding to new version of OS X 10.11.4, there are no relevant details yet about it. It is curious that Apple, in case with iOS and OS X will maintain two lines of tests simultaneously. If you want to use these new versions of operating system you must register a developer account on Apple and then just access the Developer Center and follow the provided instructions.