How to hide any icon on the home screen without jailbreak on iOS 9
As we all know there is no possibility to hide stock applications on the iOS 9, however some users found an operating system error that can be exploited. All of the pre-installed applications on the iPhone and iPad and even system applications can be hidden by using this method. It also, doesn’t require jailbreak, and it is totally legitimate.
One of the newly discovered bugs in iOS 9 allows to hide the homescreen icons of any application, including system applications by using easy tricks. Following the instruction provided below you will be able to hide icons of standard (preinstalled) applications on iOS 9.
Instruction for iOS 9:
- Create a folder and drag some applications into it
- Now pull one of the icons to the second page and release your finger
- Now again take this icon and drag it out of the folder, holding down the icon with your finger
- At this moment, with the help of second hand press Home button
- Verify that the application vanished from the folder
- Repeat with the remaining applications
- When the last icon will disappear, the folder will disappear from the home screen of your device
Watch the video below to get a better idea of how this method works
With this method you can successfully hide applications’ icons on the iPhone that is running iOS 9-9.2. Probably, this method might work on the iPad with the same versions of iOS.
All of the applications will not be removed and can be accessed form the search menu. Also, all of the application will return to the main screen if you restart the device.